Last week, we at Acme Packing Company asked you, our readers, to predict the events of Super Bowl LII with a little prop bet contest. Now, a few days after the Philadelphia Eagles’ thrilling 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots, we have the results.
Congratulations to a pair of APC readers for rising above the pack and leading the way. With 16 correct predictions out of 23 total props, we’re happy to congratulate SuperGramps and Matt Dutton!
Here are a few of the interesting results and oddities from the contest.
- Of the 70 submissions, 90% of respondents thought that Bill Belichick would be the first head coach shown on the television broadcast after kickoff, but the 10% who picked Doug Pederson were correct.
- An impressive 76% picked the Eagles to beat the spread. Of course, they won outright as an underdog.
- Nick Foles won the game’s MVP award and got 27% of the vote. 47% voted for Tom Brady, while Jay Ajayi was the only other player with more than two votes total.
- The first penalty of the game was a false start on Zach Ertz, and just over 25% of APC readers picked that penalty. The top result from the submissions was holding at 36%.
- Regarding Justin Timberlake’s Halftime show, 69% of people were incorrect in thinking that he would start the show wearing a hat. However, 57% were right in predicting that he would perform a Prince song.
Here are the final tabulated results, and thanks for playing!
APC Prop Bet Final Results
|do the math||13|
|Turd Fergusson - its a funny name||11|
|One They Call Yogi||10|
|Evan "Tex" Western||9|