Short weeks are tough on any NFL team, but this week will apparently be particularly tough on the Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles. With the two teams playing on Thursday Night Football in week four, they were required to issue an injury report on Monday, and both teams’ reports are quite long.
The Packers did not practice on Monday, needing instead to rehab following Sunday’s 27-16 win over the Denver Broncos. However, their estimated practice participation report included three players listed as non-participants and another ten individuals who were projected to be limited.
Of the non-participants, one is tight end Jimmy Graham, who fought through an injury to play on Sunday. However, his play raised questions of whether he should have done so, as his only play of consequence was receiving a penalty for holding.
The limited participants are a long and notable list. Among those players are critical defensive starters — Kenny Clark and Blake Martinez — as well as the Packers’ two veteran running backs in Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. An absence for any of those players on Thursday would be a bad sign against an Eagles team that has a strong offensive line and run game as well as a stout defensive front.
Philly, however, looks like they will be missing key players of their own. Cornerback Ronald Darby is likely to miss a few weeks with an injury, while wide receivers DeSean Jackson and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and backup left tackle Andre Dillard joined him as DNPs. Meanwhile, a number of other key players were listed as limited as well, so Thursday’s inactives report should be a very interesting one to follow.
Stay tuned this week for further injury updates.
Packers Injury Report
Did Not Participate
- DL Montravius Adams (shoulder)
- ILB Oren Burks (chest)
- TE Jimmy Graham (groin/quad)
- OT Bryan Bulaga (shoulder)
- DL Kenny Clark (knee)
- OLB Kyler Fackrell (shoulder)
- OLB Rashan Gary (calf)
- RB Aaron Jones (shoulder)
- CB Kevin King (chest/illness)
- WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder)
- ILB Blake Martinez (shoulder)
- S Will Redmond (knee)
- RB Jamaal Williams (neck)
- WR Darrius Shepherd (hamstring)
Eagles Injury Report
Did Not Participate
- WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (heel)
- RB Corey Clement (shoulder)
- CB Ronald Darby (hamstring)
- OT Andre Dillard (knee)
- WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen)
- DT Tim Jernigan (foot)
- DE Derek Barnett (ankle)
- LB Nathan Gerry (calf/knee)
- TE Dallas Goedert (calf)
- WR Alshon Jeffery (calf)
- LB Kamu Grugler-Hill (knee)
- QB Nate Sudfeld (left wrist)