After the NFL Draft is done, the player acquisition does not stop. That is when the truly chaotic part of draft weekend begins: the signing of undrafted free agents.
With round seven finally concluded, the Green Bay Packers and other NFL teams are making their pitches to undrafted players, trying to bring in their preferred options from the pool of players who were not selected by the end of the day Saturday. As a result, reports will be flying early and often this evening, and Acme Packing Company will be tracking all of those reports over the coming hours and days.
The Packers used nine draft picks this weekend and have 72 players currently signed to the roster, bringing the total number of occupied roster spots to 81. That leaves just nine slots available for undrafted rookies.
Additionally, teams can invite a certain number of players to rookie minicamps as tryout players, and we will attempt to gather all of those reports of Packers invites here as well.
Keep it here all evening and into Sunday for full updates on the Packers’ UDFA class.
Packers Undrafted Free Agent Reports
- Christian Uphoff, S, Illinois State (source: Brad Biggs)
- Jack Heflin, DT, Iowa (source: Tom Pelissero)
- Carlo Kemp, DT, Michigan (source: Tom Silverstein)
- Bailey Gaither, WR, San Jose State (source: San Jose State Football)
- Jon Dietzen, OL, Wisconsin (source: Wisconsin Football)
- Jacob Capra, OL, San Diego State (source: SDSU Football)
- Coy Cronk, OL, Iowa (source: Andrew Pogar)
UPDATE: The Packers officially announced the signing of these seven players on Monday afternoon. The only discrepancy from the reported signings is that Carlo Kemp is listed on the press release as a linebacker rather than a defensive tackle. He will presumably look to drop weight from his listed weight of 281 pounds.