My Cause My Cleats is an opportunity for NFL players across the league to wear custom cleats designed to honor charitable organizations in order to raise awareness for causes that are close to their hearts. Players then have the option to auction off those cleats to the public with all proceeds going to their chosen organization.
In addition, this year, the NFL is teaming up with Visa to allow fans to donate directly to their favorite players’ causes via a donation page.
Aaron Jones is one of the players wearing custom cleats and is promoting his own organization, A&A All The Way Foundation, which he founded with his brother Alvin Jones. A&A All The Way Foundation’s goal is to “inspire, educate and promote unity and diversity across multiple communities”. You can donate to A&A All The Way Foundation in the My Cause My Cleats campaign by visiting this page.
Rashan Gary is also participating by wearing cleats that promote the organization Made By Dyslexia. Gary has been vocal over the years about how being dyslexic has shaped his journey in life. “I hope fans are inspired to support this cause and understand Dyslexia isn’t a disability, but a different way of learning for 1 in 5 people”. Gary also recently spoke about why Made By Dyslexia means so much to him during an interview on The Insiders on NFL+.
For the @NFL’s #MyCauseMyCleats campaign this December, I’m excited to support @MadeByDyslexia again.— Rashan Gary ® (@RashanAGary) November 28, 2023
In support of my cause, I’ll be donating a pair of my custom Nike cleats and you can bid to make them yours. All proceeds will go to Made By Dyslexia to support their mission. pic.twitter.com/RrvlLqkejg
Other Packers that are listed as participants on the My Cause My Cleats website are:
- Anders Carlson - Filter of Hope
- Elgton Jenkins - Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Jayden Reed - American Kidney Fund
- Jon Runyan, Jr. - St. Vincent de Paul
- Jonathan Owens - The Myositis Association
- Kristian Welch - Warrior Rising and Aiming for a Cure
- Luke Musgrave - Special Olympics
- Matthew Orzech - International Justice Mission
- Rasheed Walker - Black Womens Health Imperative
- Rudy Ford - Heart Foundation
- Sean Clifford - Big Brother Big Sister