On Friday, the Green Bay Packers wrapped up their week of early morning practices with another session in full pads. Another key player returned from an injury-related absence today, though a few young players were held out for the day.
Here are our notes from today's practice, which was a somewhat shorter session than the practices over the past few days.
- Rookie fifth-round picks Jared Abbrederis and Corey Linsley were added to the list of players who were not practicing (JW). This is in addition to DL Letroy Guion and Jerel Worthy, WR Jeff Janis, and S Tanner Miller (PD). However, Morgan Burnett was back taking normal reps today (WH).
- T.J. Lang was back working full-time with the starting offensive line in all drills, while Brandon Bostick got first-team reps at tight end. Meanwhile, Burnett's return meant that he and Micah Hyde were starting in the base defense at safety (WH).
- WR Gerrard Sheppard, the newest arrival to the Packers' roster, nearly blocked a punt early in practice (RD). Meanwhile, the primary gunners on the punt coverage team remained CBs Jarrett Bush and Davon House, though Demetri Goodson got some reps there as well and looked good (TD). Sheppard also recorded a nice reception in one-on-one drills against the cornerbacks over rookie Ryan White (WH).
- Bostick proved why he's continuing to get first-team reps, scoring a touchdown by using his size to catch a score over Bush (WH). Later, though, Bush got his revenge by stripping Bostick and forcing a fumble, which was recovered by the defense (TS). Bostick recovered later, making a nice touchdown grab from Aaron Rodgers with Hyde in coverage (RD).
- B.J. Raji continued his strong play as well, this time shooting a gap while rushing the passer for a clear sack (TS).
- Davante Adams started to show his ability today, scoring two touchdowns in a red zone drill on throws from Matt Flynn (TD, TS). One came up the seam and another on a deep post in the corner. He caught another touchdown over Jumal Rolle later on (TD).
- Finally, Colt Lyerla made a big play in camp. He was a bit late to turn around and look for a pass in the end zone, but he was able to make a quick reaction and haul in the reception (PI).
- Mason Crosby did some field-goal kicking during Friday's practice, while Randall Cobb got some practice holding for him. Crosby hit seven of his eight attempts, missing only once from 40 yards but hitting from as long as 53 (RD).
Thanks as always to the beat writers covering practice live from camp:
TS: Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
TD: Tyler Dunne, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
RD: Rob Demovsky, ESPN
JW: Jason Wilde, ESPN Wisconsin
WH: Wes Hodkiewicz, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PD: Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PI: Paul Imig, FOX Sports Wisconsin