The Green Bay Packers were back practicing in front of the public on Tuesday, though they elected to practice in shells instead of pads. Here's our notebook recapping the events of today's short practice.
- Some of the big news early on was that Jordy Nelson returned to practice (TS). Rookie safety Tanner Miller returned to practice today (PD), as did defensive tackle Josh Boyd (RD).
- Jeff Janis took his first turn returning punts today, though it was on the scout team (WH).
- Nelson apparently was taking it easy in practice today as he gradually works his way back. He was apparently taking one snap in each team period (RD).
- With Morgan Burnett back as of yesterday, he and Micah Hyde were the top safety group while Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Sean Richardson were the second (JW).
- Randall Cobb made one of the plays of the day, as he beat Tanner Miller and Charles clay for a deep, 60+ yard touchdown (WH). Jeff Janis also flashed his ability by making a diving catch on a deep throw from Aaron Rodgers (WH). However, he also made his first bad drop in practice in the two-minute drill (WH).
- Brandon Bostick continues to get more reps with the starters, as he lined up in the slot at one point and caught a quick pass from Rodgers for a big gain (PI).
- At one point, defensive end Datone Jones left a drill limping (RD), but he reportedly looked fine in individual drills a few minutes later (WH).
As always, our thanks go out to the beat writers:
TS: Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
TD: Tyler Dunne, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
RD: Rob Demovsky, ESPN
JW: Jason Wilde, ESPN Wisconsin
WH: Wes Hodkiewicz, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PD: Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PI: Paul Imig, FOX Sports Wisconsin