The Green Bay Packers were initially scheduled to practice outdoors in front of the public on Monday, but the team moved inside the Don Hutson Center this afternoon due to weather conditions in the area. That was apparently a benefit to the quarterbacks today, as all accounts indicated they were sharp throughout the practice.
Here are our major impressions from the media who were in attendance today.
- Here's your injury report: RB Rajion Neal and ILB Joe Thomas were in attendance but not practicing (WH), DT Letroy Guion was not present (WH), and TE Brandon Bostick was also not in the house (TD). Neal was reportedly wearing a brace on his left knee.
- The only new injury today was to running back DuJuan Harris, who limped off the field during a two-minute drill. He returned later in practice, though, so it does not appear to be anything to worry about (JW).
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix recorded his first interceptions of training camp (yes, plural), as he picked off a deep pass from Chase Rettig to Chris Harper (RD) and then nabbed an Aaron Rodgers pass that was deflected by James Starks (PI, WH).
- Chris Banjo got in the action later with a deflected interception of his own, this one off Justin Perillo's hands (RD). Morgan Burnett couldn't follow suit, making a great break on a ball late in practice but dropping the pick (TD).
- Neither backup quarterback wants to be out of a job in two weeks, that much is clear. Matt Flynn had a very good day, connecting on deep passes to Myles White, Gerrard Sheppard (PI), and Alex Gillett (RD). Scott Tolzien would not be outdone, following Flynn's session up with a nice deep ball of his own to White with Casey Hayward in coverage (WH) and later put an impressive, accurate throw over the shoulder of Justin Perillo for a 30-yard gain (RD).
- Jeff Janis had a mixed day today. He appeared to have run the wrong route when with the second-string receivers, as Aaron Rodgers had some words for the rookie (JW). However, he had a nice reception later from Flynn on a post route as part of the scout team (TD).
- Both Jarrett Boykin and Davante Adams were identified by multiple reporters as having excellent practices. Boykin ended the day with a leaping touchdown from Flynn on the last play of practice (JW), while Adams had several big catches from multiple quarterbacks.
There you have it for today's practice. As always, thanks to the media members covering the team:
TS: Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
TD: Tyler Dunne, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
RD: Rob Demovsky, ESPN
JW: Jason Wilde, ESPN Wisconsin
WH: Wes Hodkiewicz, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PD: Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
PI: Paul Imig, FOX Sports Wisconsin