The 2019 NFL Scouting Combine is almost upon us. The event technically kicks off on Tuesday, when the first round of players begin to arrive and start a grueling four-day stretch. After getting to Indianapolis, each invited player will go through a series of medical checks, interviews with teams and the media, and physical testing prior to departing.
This year’s event is essentially the same as it has been in previous years. In addition to the players’ availability to the media, head coaches and general managers of NFL teams will also speak, and this will provide Packers fans with a second chance to hear new head coach Matt LaFleur take questions in less than two weeks. Meanwhile, Brian Gutekunst will also be available, so keep an eye out for his comments on the Packers’ needs and roster concerns as well.
On-field workouts begin on Friday and run through the following Monday. This will make up most of the televised portion of the event, as we get to see the players run their 40-yard dashes and work in position drills. NFL Network has full live coverage of the workouts throughout the four days, while ABC will host hosting a two-hour live broadcast of quarterback and wide receiver workouts on Saturday, starting at 1:00 PM Eastern.
Here’s a look at the full schedule of events for this week in Indy.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- Coach/GM press conferences - Brian Gutekunst 10:45 AM ET; Matt LaFleur 1:45 PM ET
- RB/OL/ST: Measurements & medical tests
Thursday, Feb. 28
- Coach/GM press conferences
- RB/OL/ST: Bench press, media interviews
- QB/WR/TE: Measurements & medical tests
Friday, March 1
- RB/OL/ST: On-field workouts
- QB/WR/TE: Bench press, media interviews
- DL/LB: Measurements & medical tests
Saturday, March 2
- QB/WR/TE: On-field workouts
- DL/LB: Bench press, media interviews
- DB: Measurements & medical tests
Sunday, March 3
- DL/LB: On-field workouts
- DB: Bench press, media interviews
Monday, March 4
- DB: On-field workouts