Earlier today, it was reported by the beat writers covering the Green Bay Packers that kicker Giorgio Tavecchio was not at Monday's practice. This caused plenty of speculation about whether or not he had been released by the team. Just a few moments ago, the Packers put out a press release stating that Tavecchio indeed has been released.
This comes on the heels of a day in which the Packers signed another kicker, Zach Ramirez, to add to the kicking competition. Tavecchio then went out and had the worst day of all three kickers in practice on Sunday, missing two of his eleven attempts while Ramirez and incumbent Mason Crosby each missed only one.
It seemed Tavecchio, who did not possess leg strength at the level of Crosby, was a long shot even before Ramirez signed, but the writing was on the wall when he couldn't keep up with him in practice yesterday.
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Saving Space on the Packers' 53, Part 2: Defense
- Packers Training Camp Practice Notebook 8/25: Ramirez Impresses Early
- Packers vs. Seahawks Performance Grades: Defensive Line pushes back
- Seahawks vs. Packers Winners and Losers
- Report: Packers Release Backup Quarterback Graham Harrell
Not a member? Join Acme Packing Company and start commenting | Follow @AcmePackingCo on Twitter | Like Acme Packing Company on Facebook | Subscribe to our RSS feed