The Green Bay Packers announced their injury report on Friday for Sunday's home game against the Minnesota Vikings, and it's a long one as we expected. Despite not practicing on Thursday or Friday, it looks like Micah Hyde will most likely be playing on Sunday, as he was listed as probable. Fellow cornerback Sam Shields is questionable.
Apparently Don Barclay did not make any improvement this week, as he has been ruled out for the game. That will mean that Marshall Newhouse will likely start at right tackle with Derek Sherrod backing him up and potentially getting a few snaps here and there.
Here's the Packers' full injury report:
C Evan Dietrich-Smith, CB Micah Hyde, OLB Clay Matthews, OLB Andy Mulumba, OLB Mike Neal, NT Ryan Pickett
CB Sam Shields
DT Johnny Jolly
OL Don Barclay, CB Casey Hayward, CB James Nixon, OLB Nick Perry, QB Aaron Rodgers
After Mike McCarthy took to the podium to discuss the injuries and the team's play on Sunday.
- McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers "threw a little today, but I don't have a timetable for you."
- On Sam Shields' availability for Sunday: "It's been up and down...we've got 48 hours, we'll obviously give Sam every chance to get ready."
- McCarthy said he expects Micah Hyde to play.
- Discussing Adrian Peterson and his groin injury: "You look at both injury reports, everybody has injuries...we're preparing for Adrian the way he always plays."
- On Johnny Jolly's injury: "This is something that has been with him all week...Johnny will be challenged (to play Sunday)."
- Discussing turnovers and Morgan Burnett's struggle to force big plays: "We want more plays out of our defense, period. There's only so many opportunities in a game to get your hands on the ball. It's not one player, it's not one position...our guys are very conscientious of it, our guys just aren't getting the ball out."
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Micah Hyde Injury: Packers Corner/Return Man Still Not Practicing Friday
- Aaron Rodgers' Injury Has Exposed the Packers' Need for More Impact Players
- Week 12 NFL Picks: Packers Bounce Back Against Vikings
- Packers vs. Giants Performance Grades: Finding a Silver Lining in the Packers' Third Straight Loss